Quality & R&D Manager at Saro Agrosciences Limited
Saroafrica International Limited is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saroafrica has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is expected to be for Saro Agrosciences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality & R&D Manager
Location: Along Lagos Ibadan expressway, Ogun
Duties / Responsibilities
- Working to reduce complaint and product & process non-conformities to deliver product high reliability in processing Packing operations.
- Provide quality system and control support to the business in compliance to Regulatory agencies requirements, guidelines, and Company requirements. (e.g. Nafdac, SON, Ministries etc).
- Shelf-life completion and extension work.
- Control and monitor value added product development including competitor product analysis, benchmarking market, product design, product matching, sensory analysis, recipe optimisation, supplier rationalisation and optimisation programmes.
- Provide recipes, tolerance data, relevant raw material specifications and costing information in the correct format, in a timely fashion, to allow the Centralised Resource team to create and finalise product information for successful product launches.
- Drive factory liaison in terms of process development, production trials, recipe manufacture, and ingredient training with plant operatives.
- Effectively address Quality incidents, non-conformances, and risks assessments, monitor external /trade complaints, monitor trends, and drive investigations where necessary.
- Ensure that safe work policies, procedures, and standards are well imbibed to ensure continuous improvement across all process on site.
- Organize internal audits as well as host audit organisations to ensure companywide compliance in line with ISO9001.
- Ensure full and timely communication and collaboration with all areas of the business, key stakeholders, and customer.
- The incumbent is to drive customer product research & NPD process, formulation management, in conjunction with NPD & Marketing and Sales teams.
- Work closely with and build relationships with Sales and Marketing to ensure all products are commercially viable.
Education and Experience
- Educated to Degree or equivalent level in Foods Science, or Laboratory, or Chemical or related qualification.
- 5 - 7+ years in FMCG environment.
- Must have led Quality and R&D process in a manufacturing environment.
- Robust experience managing new product registration, Nafdac requirement in Herbicide processing and formulation will be an added advantage.
- Age Requirement: 30 - 45 Years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th July, 2022.