Realty Clerk at the U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Realty Clerk - All Interested Candidates (Housing Clerk)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-075
Series/Grade: LE - 0820 5
Promotion Potential: LE-5
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FP is 09 Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Under the supervision of the Realty Specialist, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining Housing files for over 170 properties, preparing floor plans and other complex documentation for the files, preparing landlord and other correspondences: monitoring, updating, and tracking of all housing related databases and spreadsheets.
- Incumbent will attend Housing and Make ready meetings and prepare minutes of those meetings. Reports to the Supervisory Housing Assistant and receives additional supervision from the GSO for Housing.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- 2 years of University Studies is required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in Administrative or clerical duties is required.
- Good working knowledge of office administration, electronic filing system and basic knowledge of customer service is required.
- Good working knowledge of Nigerian government agencies responsible for documentation and issues relating to Real Property is required. Good working knowledge of Nigerian Real Estate Laws and Property Values is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work with others and be able to respond with courtesy in handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to effectively plan meetings and be able to prioritize work and be flexible when dealing with urgent/non-standard situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) and good keyboarding skills with emphasis on accuracy is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
NGN 3,652,290 (USD 31,083) / Annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th July, 2022
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree or Transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria