Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Recruitment at Rainoil Limited for IT Officer, 4th November, 2019
Recruitment at Rainoil Limited for IT Officer, 4th November, 2019
Nov 4, 2019, 4:33 PM
Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK). We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: IT Officer Location: Calabar, Cross River Job Description/Requirements
- Provides robust IT platforms and infrastructure to support Rainoil’s business operations
- Plans, recommends and assists in the design of telecommunications system to be used within Rainoil
- Installs, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks within Rainoil
- Liaises with the Internet Service Providers and other vendors for cost effective services in line with Service Level Agreements
- Maintains computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers and ensures that these are prepared and ready to be used
- Assists the Head, Information Technology in the deployment of computer hardware around the company
- Manages relationship with service providers to ensure seamless, cost effective and hitch free internet connectivity
- Assists in implementing IT strategies, policies and procedures
- Negotiates and drives the enforcement of Service Level Agreements with contractors to ensure continuous delivery of IT services
- Develops and executes company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Plans, designs and maintains data networks and servers
- Provides technical support to users on network issues
- Installs client/server applications and essential software patches, carries out any required maintenance of applications and identifies compatibility issues, escalating appropriately
- Supervises and performs hands on training for computer users and operators.
- Develops and executes company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans with respect to software, data and applications
- Performs quality control checks on new software and programmes to ensure that they are in line with service level agreements and are compatible with existing facilities.
- Liaises with external software vendors and consultants for advice on appropriate computer software to effectively support business operations.
- Administers day-to-day operations of networks and servers
- Implements LAN/WAN maintenance and management procedures.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges on the company intranet
- Conducts daily server backup and archival
- Maintains logs and records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions
- Provides support and maintenance to the business’ software and applications
- Creates accounts for new users in the company’s active directory server and assigns access rights to software applications.
- Performs the addition, removal and updates of staff data and access rights in line with the information security policy.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts