Rector at Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic is an Ogun State government-owned Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Polytechnic established in year 2006 in pursuance to offering technologically-based Education for self-reliance. The Polytechnic was licensed and approved by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) to offer National Diploma and Higher National Diploma programmes in Science, Engineering and Management courses with Cisco Networking Academy and Oracle Academy programmes which transform lives with hands-on digital skills training that prepare students for labour market.
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic He/she has the power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he/she is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavour and be credible to the academic community.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic, (viz Science, Technology, Commerce and Management) with a minimum of fifteen (18) years of teaching experience, professional and administrative experience, at least five (5) of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic sector with not less than five (5) years experience on that cadre.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of office for a term of 5 years.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must be a person of high integrity and moral attitude
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption
- Must be a person with good capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other constraints
- Must be morally sound and free from financial embarrassment
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Must be information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of numerous scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshops
- Must be able to attract research grants, endowments, investments and development facilities to the Polytechnic
- Must be a person with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging Constraints.
- Must be fair-minded with a good heart and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnical, political, religious or other sectional interest
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment is a term of five (5) years only and not renewable.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the State government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including telephone number(s) and email address(es)
- Education Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Academic/Scholarly Publications: National and International (in APA format)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- A Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (25 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and address of three (3) References (Employer, Educational and Personal.) who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, PMB 1020 Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates' claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as their notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked "Application for the Post of Rector" at the top left-hand corner addressed to:
Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 1020, Ijebu-Igbo,
Soft copies of Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 5th August, 2022.