Rector at Federal Polytechnic Offa
The Federal Polytechnic Offa was established in 1992 in accordance with Federal Polytechnics Act CAP F17, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, as amended in 2019.
The Polytechnic has two campuses (Main and Mini). The Main Campus is located along Offa-Ojoku Road, Offa, while the Mini Campus is located along Offa-Osogbo Road, Offa, Kwara State. The Polytechnic was established for the training of middle and high-level technical manpower. The institution caters for a large students population enrolled in Full-Time and Part-Time programmes at the National Diploma and Higher National Diploma levels. All the programmes run by the institution are accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and relevant professional regulatory bodies.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in the Polytechnic which shall become vacant as from January, 13th 2022:
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic.
- He/she has the power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he/she is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavour and be credible to the academic community.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a Master's or Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic, (viz Science, Technology, Commerce and Management) with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of teaching experience, professional and administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging Constraints.
- Must be fair-minded with a good heart and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnical, political, religious or other sectional interest
- Must be a person of high integrity and moral attitude
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption
- Must be a person with good capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other constraints.
- Must be morally sound and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic sector with not less than five (5) years experience on that cadre.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of office 4
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of numerous scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants, endowments, investments and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment is a term of five (5) years only arid not renewable
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to attach to their Applications, twenty-five (25) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including telephone number(s) and email address(es)
- Education Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Academic / Scholarly Publications: National and International (in APA format)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- A Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (25 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and address of three (3) References (Employer, Educational and Personal.) who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, P.M.B. 420, Offa, Kwara State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates’ claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as their notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Rector” at the top left-hand corner addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic Offa,
P. M. B. 420,
Offa, Kwara State.
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their Certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies would not be accepted
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence
Application Deadline 12th August, 2021.