Registrar at Evangel University
Evangel University Akaeze is a highly rated private university owned by Assemblies of God Nigeria and established in February 2012, with commitment to providing education for the training of the total man.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
- The University is interested in hiring a qualified person to fill the post of the Registrar which will become vacant in November, 2021.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University, except in financial matters, which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Convocation and Congregation of the University.
- By virtue of his/her position, the Registrar is a Principal Officer of the University.
- Candidates must possess a good Honours Degree and at least 15 years post qualification administrative and professional experience, with a minimum of five years at the senior professional level in a University or institution of comparable standing.
- Possession of a Master's degree in a relevant discipline is required and membership of recognized professional bodies’ will be added advantage.
- He/she must not be above the age of 59 years by November, 2021.
- The Candidate shall be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment is for a period of four years effective from the date of the appointment and is renewable for another four years, subject to performance and on such other terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The salary is as applicable to similar positions in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Thirty (30) copies of their Applications accompanied by a vision and mission statement for the development of the University. Among others, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae should give the following details:
- Full name (Surname first, in Capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Names and Ages of Children (if any)
- State and LGA of Origin
- Permanent Contact Address
- Email Address
- Cell Phone No.
- Educational Background / Membership of Professional Associations
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present posts clearly indicating career progression
- List of Publications (if any)
- Other activities outside current employment
- The names and addresses of three referees and Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed
- Candidates should request their referees to forward references on their behalf Direct to the Registrar.
All soft copies Applications should be sent and addressed in an envelope marked "Registrar" at the top left hand corner to:
Evangel University Akaeze,
KM 48, Enugu-Abakaliki, Expressway Okpoto,
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
Candidates should send hard copies of their Applications and accompanying materials as attachment in PDF or MS Word format to: [email protected] using "Application for the Position of Registrar".
- Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same.
- Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 13th August, 2021.