Rig Chief Electrician at Geoplex Drillteq Limited
Geoplex Drillteq Limited is a Sub-Saharan Africa's fastest growing indigenous service company. We provide full stream oil services to the fast expanding oil & gas industry in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rig Chief Electrician
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Rig Chief Electrician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of all equipment as well as associated upkeep of the records and repair history and compliance in respect of their assigned operation, in close liaison with senior management and base support Equipment & Maintenance (E&M) personnel.
- Responsible for following the Preventative Maintenance (PM) system and recording maintenance activities using the system software.
- Ensure that all Third-Party personnel including Service Engineers comply with Company and Rig Safety Procedures
- Recommend, and when required, modifications to equipment or systems to enhance safety, improve rig performance or comply with statutory notices.
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate.
- Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
- Update or modify any drawings, sketches, or information on existing and replacement equipment as required.
- Raise Material Requisitions for materials/services as and when required.
- Support and assist the SCM function to ensure that all invoices are handled, and related queries solved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for conducting regular and thorough checks to verify if all electrical equipment is in a safe working condition.
- Responsible for stock management and for ordering all the spare parts related to electrical equipment.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor, Rig Superintendent, or Tool pusher.
- Supervise tasks in accordance with good engineering practice and Company policy.
- Monitor any electrical equipment supplied by other contractors or subcontractors to ensure that it is suitable for use within the areas desired.
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is always maintained in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service.
- Plan maintenance and repairs to minimize the effect on the drilling operation, and bring to the attention any activities that cannot be completed or scheduled within the planned time frame.
- Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
- Proper handling, keeping, and management of technical documentation, drawings, and ex-certificates.
- Must Possess a valid IWCF Certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the workings and repair of Drilling Rigs and their equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of spoken English is desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work constructively and confidentially as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Suitable skilled electrical qualification
- Knowledge of local electrical rules & regulations
- Ex-hazard knowledge/competence
- Experience in drive and control engineering/maintenance/design desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Relevant certifications and Current health certificate to: [email protected] using "Rig Electrician" as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2023.