Safety Officer at White Soul Investment Limited
White Soul Investment Limited, a subsidiary of White Soul Group, is a Leader in logistics and haulage industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- We want to engage the services of a Safety Officer for the facilitation of compliance with health and safety guidelines and providing advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
Key Functions of the Role
- Monitor and ensure compliance to all safety policies
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g., not using protective equipment)
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Assist in carrying in-house training about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in health and safety.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working as a Health and Safety officer
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must
- Proven experience as safety officer and working with drivers
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g., OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Must be willing to relocate
- Must be agile.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role applied as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021.