Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) recruitment for a Communications Officer
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) recruitment for a Communications Officer
Sep 12, 2019, 2:46 PM
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Communications Officer Location: Lagos Primary purpose
- The candidate will be responsible for research, content development, and editing of nourishingafrica.com Hub on a daily basis.
- He/she will manage an integrated communications strategy for nourishingafrica.com incorporating PR, Marketing and Online components.
- He/she will be responsible for increasing brand awareness and global recognition for nourishingafrica.com.
- This position involves research, writing, editing, media, presentations, blogging, industry-specific conferences, social media, sales and marketing activities.
- Create, develop and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts.
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Organize video shoots and edit content
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the hub. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Design (i.e. website, social media, articles and newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for nourishingafrica presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for nourishing Africa on key issues related to agriculture and food
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, New Media or Public Relations.
- Previous experience as a communications associate for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills are essential.
- Proven working experience in social media or related field.
- Strong graphic design skills Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
- Excellent research, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimization and Search Engine Optimization is an added advantage.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts