Scaffolding Engineer at Sinoma Nigeria Company Limited
Sinoma Nigeria Company Limited is a Chinese construction company for EPC(Engineering, Procurement, and Construction)Turnkey projects Sinoma Nigeria Company Ltd is an affiliate of Sinoma International Engineering Co., Ltd, whose senior company is China Sinoma Group. Sinoma Co Ltd is headquartered in Tangshan, Hebei Province, with branch office(s) in Beijing, and across the world, with a Class A General Contracting Qualification, together with the authority to engage in foreign trade, import, and export.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scaffolding Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and clients across a range of construction and industrial environments, design robust scaffolding and temporary works schemes that strictly adhere to all relevant industry and Company practices.
- Provide scaffolding and temporary works design schemes for varied projects.
- Ensure all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations, and Company policies.
- Apply engineering knowledge to analyze the structural integrity of scaffolding and temporary works structures.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effectively control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Adhere, at all times, to the Company policies and procedures, in particular Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies.
- Accurate and timely delivery of scaffold design requirements
- Efficient interaction with operations teams
- Where applicable, successful completion of relevant training courses.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use, and dismantling of scaffolding, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors, and apply this knowledge to improve our service provision, processes, and standards.
- B.Eng / M.Eng in Civil or Structural Engineering. HND in Civil or Structural Engineering (or similar) with the relevant industry experience may also be considered
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Construction health and safety awareness
- AutoCAD draughting skills, FEA / Frame analysis software skills, e.g. CADS A3d max, STAAD Pro, or similar
- Practical knowledge of scaffolding and temporary works
- Keen attention to detail
- Works well as part of a team of innovative, hardworking individuals
- A passion for design
- Comfortably works at a fast pace
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of the main requirements of The Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005
- Construction-related industry experience, either site or office-based
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal aspiration, motivation, and commitment
- An open mind, a sense of humor, and a great team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 7th December, 2021.