Security Supervisor at Tincan Island Container Terminal
Tincan Island Container Terminal Limited (TICT), established in 2004, is a multinational company operating in Nigeria with its Terminal located at Tin-can Island Port, Terminal B (2nd Gate), Apapa, Lagos and has its Head Office at 1/3 Point Road, Apapa, Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Supervisor
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintains / implements the security procedures at all areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates the contract security and police officers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Field Security Supervisor has responsibility for punctual resumption at work and for conducting handover and taking over of duty with the Field Security Supervisor from whom s/he is taking over duty.
- Ensures that all the Policemen, security Guards and Lifeguards deployed within assigned Area Of Responsibility (AOR) equally report for work punctually and maintain presence and work effectively at their assigned security Beats throughout their tours of duty.
- Ensures that the Policemen, Security Guards and Lifeguards deployed in his AOR conduct handing over and taking over of duty among themselves regularly and on a continuous basis.
- Ensures that the Policemen and Guards in assigned AOR are equipped with the appropriate and functional security equipment for working effectively in the Terminal.
- The Field Security Supervisor is to ensure at all times in his AOR that only Trucks with valid TDOs are allowed to queue up in the RTG Loading bays.
- Incumbent makes sure that no driver or any other person is allowed to walk around the Terminal on foot in assigned AOR. Reports all offenders to the Security Duty Officer for documentation and sanctioning.
- Gives accurate account of all Policemen, Security Guards and Lifeguards deployed and physically seen in assigned AOR and avails the data to the Security Duty Officer from time to time during duty-tour period.
- The Field Security Supervisor has responsibility for ensuring that all policemen, Security Guards and Lifeguards deployed within assigned AOR as well as any other person legitimately found in assigned AOR are appropriately PPE-Compliant
- Attends scheduled training sessions punctually at the dates and times assigned to his Training Group.
- Participates in and sit for all ISPS CODE / PFSP Test that will be conducted by the Port Facility Security Officer, the Security Manager or the Security Consultant.
- Promptly conveys any intention to leave assigned AOR for credible reasons to the Security Duty Officer who will appoint and deploy a Stand-in FSS for the AOR before the incumbent Security Supervisor leaves assigned AOR.
- The Field Security Supervisor is reports to the Security Duty Officer who gives directives and guidance.
- The Field Security Supervisor is to report all operational, security and safety incidents and occurrences to the Security Control Centre and the Security Duty Officer emphasising incident description, location, date, time, injuries or fatalities, loss of or damage to property, victims and recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Reports all security breaches promptly to the Security Control Centre and the Security Duty Officer emphasising; description.
- Team Leader
- Problem Solver.
- Strong admin and follow up skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.