Senior Administrative Officer at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Administrative Officer
Position Reports To: State Team Lead
Technical Working Relationship: Procurement Manager, Admin Manager at country office
- The Senior Admin Officer (SAO) reports to the State Team Leader and will be responsible for providing administrative oversight at state office for Jhpiego.
- The SAO will ensure that administrative reports follow Jhpiego, USAID rules and regulations, other applicable approved procedures at all times.
- The SAO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficiency of administrative operations and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of state admin operations.
Key Financial Responsibilities
- Ensure state offices administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
- Responsible for managing and reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of state office and program activities.
- Coordinate with the Procurement and Admin Manager for technical support to identify areas of improvement for field project procurement compliance.
- Responsible for the accurate recording and maintenance of all Jhpiego Nigeria and donor assets located in the state office
- Ensure that all shipments received in the state office are properly recorded in the electronic inventory register on time, and ensure that appropriate program staff and the State Team Leader is informed of the arrival of each shipment.
- Ensure all procurements in the field office are in line with Jhpiego’s and donor procurement policies.
- Ensure documentation for the procurement of all goods and services are completed and available for audit trail.
- Set the standard for compliance with USAID and Jhpiego procurement regulations and standards.
- Adhere strictly with compliance indicators for field project procurement. Track and report exceptions.
- Under the guidance of the State Team Lead, be accountable for providing responses to all queries arising from monitoring visits, audits and other related reviews.
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage. Master’s degree is highly desired
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills including and proficiency in the use of automated assets and inventory software, fleet management and reporting software.
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR award is highly desired
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word Document to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location (eg: Senior Administrative Officer, Taraba) as the subject of the email.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2021.