Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Senior Analyst - Actuarial and Quantitative Solutions at Deloitte
Senior Analyst - Actuarial and Quantitative Solutions at Deloitte
Mar 4, 2020, 10:36 PM
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Senior Analyst - Actuarial and Quantitative Solutions Location: Lagos Job Type: Full Time
Job Description As a Senior Analyst in AQS, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives. You will:
- Supporting practice leaders by delivering on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, financial modelling & valuations and advanced analytics domains
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador.
- Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track .
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firm
- Supporting AQS engagements, with the objective of introducing new technologies to drive efficiency. Staying abreast of industry developments such as Solvency III, Basel III/IV, Advanced Analytics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Block chain, IFRS 9 and IFRS 17.
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Actuarial Science or Data Science or related courses (minimum of 2.1/ Upper credit)
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI an asset. Familiarity with SAS.
- Relevant working experience of not less than 3 years (i.e. co-ops or internships) in a dynamic industry environment / department within a financial services company e.g. insurance company or accounting / consulting firm
- Proficiency / mastery within at least two of the following “traditional” actuarial disciplines: pricing, reserving, capital management or analytics is an added advantage
- Ability to work within a team structure and deliver high-quality work under time constraints
- An inquisitive, positive mindset topped with a relentless drive to move things ahead
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Actuarial exams in progress or have completed the FRM or PRM exams or have completed the CFA level II
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 18th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts