Senior Architect at Goteh Construction Company Limited
Goteh Construction was established to provide a broad spectrum of solutions and expertise to the Africa infrastructure Sector. This broad capability enables us to offer our stakeholders full range of solutions from Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning as well as Maintenance Management.
Goteh deploys progressive construction methods to ensure that innovation and quality are prioritized for the benefit of stakeholders. Our business reputation is built on efficiency and timeliness of project delivery. Consistent safe delivery of complex projects has guaranteed our continuous success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Architect
Locations: Abuja and Port Harcourt - Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Role / Objectives
- We are recruiting an experienced Architect who will be responsible for designing roads, new buildings, extensions or alterations to existing buildings.
- Will also be responsible for the design/drafting activities including preparing/updating civil drawings for projects, following guidelines and procedures laid down for CAD data management.
- Designing/modifying blueprints for projects;
- Creating and developing architectural designs both by hand and by using computer-aided design (CAD) applications;
- Examine drawings in collaboration with the Civil Engineers, producing practical, safe and build-able road and drainage drawings in AutoCAD;
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation as requested;
- Resolve design problems and issues that may arise during construction;
- Serve as an information source on planning and design of civil structures.
- Supervise the preparation of dimensional drawings, civil drawings and more complex drawings (civil engineering).
- Manage work processes to gather and analyze construction-specific measurement data;
- Identify construction-specific opportunities for improvement;
- Report measures and improvement plan status to the Design Units Team Lead;
- Assists in the preparation of tender documents for contracts;
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
- A First Degree and Master's Degree in Architecture from a recognized University.
- Professional membership of any internationally recognized architectural body.
- 5-7 years’ experience in project execution and coordination.
- Excellent time management skills in order to handle competing deadlines.
- A high level of autonomy and self-efficiency with attention to detail.
- The ability to lead a team
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work with design engineers, clients and contractors.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong mathematical abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV attached with a Passport Photograph, Degree Certificate, NYSC Certificate and any other professional / relevant certificate in one document via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Preferred Location as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates who do not comply with the above directives would be disqualified
Application Deadline 17th December, 2021.