Senior Business Analyst at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job type: Full-time
About the job
- This role sets up, implements, drives, and continuously improves portfolio management & optimization, business intelligence, reporting, actionable intel, quantitative research & insights, and data management for Personal Banking.
- It provides direction to Personal Banking on portfolio profitability principles & practices, client pricing, and client commercialization.
- Provides input into the development of the Personal Banking strategy, value propositions and related country strategies.
- Defines and tracks key success metrics across segment.
- Partners with segment to understand unique metric requirements for Personal Banking and drives adoption in client value proposition development.
- Consults and partners with segment on beyond banking initiative led revenue opportunities in Personal Banking segment.
- Provides input into Personal Banking segment teams based on new opportunities identified that would solve life problems for clients.
- Stays abreast of market, economic, and competitive developments, news, and trends and disseminates the information with the broader CHNW team as applicable.
- Measures, tracks, and optimizes the end-to-end client lifecycle at a portfolio-level, from sales to onboarding to entrenchment and retention.
- Partners with the Data, Finance, and Personalization teams to ensure consistent definitions and data sources, data quality, appropriate access controls, and data inputs respectively.
- Gathers and utilizes internal and external data as input into the building of the client management metrics toolbox; framework needs to be easily understood, user friendly, accessible through multiple channels (e.g., USSD, App, IB, etc.) and customisable for segment.
- Verifies and implements parameters for key trade-offs decisions at client level (i.e. risk appetite, pricing, etc.).
- Verifies that the design and development of the Personal Banking segment’s objectives are achieved within prudent market risk and conduct parameters.
- Monitors and adheres to overall risk management and governance standards for the continued sustainability of the segment.
- Ensures appropriate recovery and resolution plans to protect the segment from any untoward event.
- Manages implementation the Personal Banking success metrics, which include client level pricing framework, behavioral metrics and data and reporting model and metrics.
- Builds and maintains reporting and analytical applications across country to enable optimal decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5+ years' of experience in related industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with developing analytical applications, applying insights to client base management (entrenchment, retention, optimisation). Data management experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply