Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Senior DevOps Engineer Job at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Senior DevOps Engineer Job at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Sep 18, 2019, 10:32 PM
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it! We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer Location: Ikeja, Lagos Job Type: Full-time Job Description
- The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will be tasked with the management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites/software.
- Spearhead the creation of new technology infrastructures and maintain configuration management and automation tools.
- Assist the development teams in the deployment and monitoring of applications based on technologies such as C#, Java, Python, Ruby, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Filebeat, Kibana, and RabbitMQ.
- Coaching the engineering development department personnel in the workings of reusable tools and patterns, for example, reusable deployment code for Jenkins, Octopus, Ansible, and Docker.
- Keeping up with industry best practices and trends on behalf of the Automation/Dev Ops department and the larger engineering department
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field
- At least 5 years of working experience in a DevOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Jenkins, Windows Server, NGINX, Apache, Bash, Powershell, IIS, Linux, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Filebeat, Kibana, and RabbitMQ.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers, and customer support
- Experience automating and managing large-scale infrastructure and have significant familiarity with Docker/Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Powershell DSC/Kubernetes. The candidate will have had vast experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation
- Must be highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Excellent communications, teamwork, and conflict management skills.
- Speed and versatility
- Values others, and cultures
- Self-starter and Acts with integrity.
- Attention to details, decisiveness, good judgment, strong organization skills, good written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, e-mail applications and using the internet;
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environments at a high-growth company; comfortable with tight timelines; possessing a sense of urgency.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems combined with a willingness to do what one must to ensure timelines & goals are met.
- Focused, diligent and task-oriented
- Must have exceptional follow-up skills and be able to maintain focus while multitasking.
- Ability to maintain composure and communicate effectively under stress
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative in pursuing departmental functions
- Gets things done! Execution oriented
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts