Senior Finance Manager at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Senior Finance Manager to SATI Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Project in Nigeria.
- The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit deposits and wire transfer requests to the bank
- Issue checks of payment for processed transactions, logs payments, distribute and/or mail checks to the appropriate vendor
- Review project staff timesheets and processes monthly payroll
- Calculate and processes any tax payments, when appropriate
- Liaise with a Nigerian accounting firm in performing local financial management and the appropriate local accounting reporting needed
- Collect and review employee expense reports for accuracy
- Prepare and submit monthly accounting reports to the home office, respond to questions from home office accounting unit and project management unit
- Maintain transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per PSM's policies.
- Review, process and enter accounting activity
- Obtain documentation and approval for all transactions
- Research the status of particular invoices/payments, as required
- Prepare and maintain all the project financial reporting for the Nigerian authorities. Ensure that all financial transactions and practices related to REC activities in Nigeria adhere to USAID regulations
- Enter expenses into ABACUS (PSM accounting systems) and provide supporting documentation for expenses entered
- Manage petty cash transactions
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and other small to mid-size procurements
- Submit recommendations for standard exchange rate to HO every month
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in program administrative and finance management
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Professional experience with international donor programs: audit/compliance fiduciary and risk management experience are required
- In-depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Nigeria
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply