Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Arnergy Solar Limited
Apr 19, 2021, 7:58 PM
Arnergy Solar Limited - Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets.
Arnergy is a distributed utility company that offers fully customized solar solutions across emerging markets. Our vision is to provide sustainable solutions to energy reliability issues across emerging markets.
Arnergy's work is guided by a set of core values that include passion, environmentalism, reliability, dependability, innovation, efficiency and motivation. Arnergy was incorporated in Nigeria in August 2013 as a Limited Liability Company. Arnergy designs, manufacture and commoditizes technology-enabled solar micro-grid and rooftop solutions providing affordable and energy reliability for SMEs and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture with scalability in mind.
- Develop, modify, maintain and enhance internally developed applications to match business processes and requirements
- Working directly with other software engineers, testers, and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Experience in working, interfacing with hardware and embedded systems engineers to build scalable software to commercialize consumer electronics, energy storage systems, payment terminals etc ideally human-machine interface software development at scale.
- Review and debug code.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Continuous improvement of your technical knowledge and mentor junior team members.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Experience deploying real-time monitoring and control platforms, implementing geofencing, device location visualization and real-time payment integration with devices across several geography.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop software tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting with the data engineering team.
You'll be a good fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Hands-on experience in software development, IoT systems, Cloud services and agile methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of IoT systems and Distributed computing.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux/Unix-like).
- Core skills in Scripting (JS, Python, PHP), Mobile (Flutter), Front End (VueJS), Databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB), Cloud (Amazon Web Services), and DevOps (CI/CD).
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Must have worked with SPA framework (e.g. ReactJS, VueJS or Angular).
- Knowledge of Mobile application development (prefered tool: Flutter).
- Understanding of behaviour-driven development.
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management. Experience using Cloud infrastructures & services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply