Senior Program Officer at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior - from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases - by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer I – Integrated SBC State Coordinator
- The Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria State Coordinator for an integrated SBC intervention state will provide technical and programmatic leadership for all integrated MNCH, Family Planning, Nutrition, Malaria SBC activities - including community mobilization, advocacy, mass media, provider behavior, M&E, and other interventions - in the assigned state.
- S/he will report directly to the BA-Nigeria Deputy Director and works in close consultation with other BA-Nigeria technical leads at the Abuja country office and the BA-Nigeria Project Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Deputy Project Director with the development and implementation of the integrated MNCH Family Planning, Nutrition, Malaria including Advocacy, Demand Generation, and Service Provider IPC/C components of the project in the State, as assigned.
- Compilation and submission of timely activity and program reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of all project activities at the state level, including monitoring and evaluation system.
- The position will be based in Sokoto, Sokoto State.
- Travel to project focal areas within the state is expected to be approximately 40% or more.
- Lead the BA-Nigeria state team to implement integrated SBC program approaches at the state level
- Establish and maintain effective relationships at the state level with USAID and other implementing partners, State SPHCDA/SMOHs, and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Project Director and Project Director.
- Coordinate closely with the BA-Nigeria Abuja country office team
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of JHU-CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned by Supervisor or Project Director.
- This position will supervise approximately 4-8 state-level staff, to be determined.
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Social Science, Humanities, other) required. Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field will give a significant advantage.
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the state of assignment, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 7 years experience managing Family Planning, Malaria, or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. Advocacy, SBCC, and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV as one PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. E.g. "SPO 1 - Integrated SBC State Coordinator, Sokoto".
Application Deadline 19th July, 2021.