Site Lifting Specialist - Offshore at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Site Lifting Specialist - Offshore
Job Type: Contracts
- Continually liaise with CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within the company are consistently respected on Sites.
- Ensures that Company Rules and Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by those involved.
- Advices OML99, OML100 and OML102 RSES on issues pertaining to lifting and handling operations
- Participates / assists the CPLO into the annual evaluation and review of company approved 3rd Party Lifting Equipment Certifiers list.
- Constantly liaise with contractors in order to ensure that their lifting equipment and operations are in congruence with company lifting and handling procedure
- Working with contractors to ensure technically acceptable lifting procedures and other related documentation are prepared in advance of lifting activities.
- Assists the CPLO during assessment of personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
- Review Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on Site to be submitted to the final review and approval of the CPLO.
- Performs, or makes perform by a competent person, toolbox talks prior to the beginning of each working shift or when critical lifts are being carried out.
- Attends the lifts and carries out post job debriefs in order to ensure assessment of completed jobs.
- Performs technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selects lifting equipment proposed for use on sites and projects.
- Ensure that the SLS Pre-lift Checklist is completed and signed prior to the lifting operation.
- Ensuring regular site feedback to CPLO.
- Carry out periodic lifting audits in OML99, OML100 and OML102.
- Specifying the testing / proof load requirements in accordance with statutory requirements, relevant standards and company rules on consultation with CPLO.
- Coaches and mentor personnel involved in lifting and handling operations on site.
- Liaise with approved 3rd party inspection companies for the Lifting Equipment inspection and certification campaign.
- Work in conjunction with other lifting team to ensure that lifting equipment and lifting standards are respected in the day to day operations.
- Participate in JSA of critical lifts and attends all critical lifts carried out within JV offshore.
- Provides expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on site, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment, technical review (lifting procedures and organizations),
- Prepare generic lift plans and carry out its periodic reviews.
- Reviewing and signing of all complicated/complex lifting plans and JSA/RA after obtaining approval from CPLO.
- Does periodic reviews of generic lifting plans.
- Assists CPLO during assessment of personnel competences involved in lifting & handling operations.
- Develops and keeps up to date the site on the lifting and handling procedures/instructions.
- Technical Engineering Degree
- 3 years verifiable experience in lifting and handling operations
- Ability to prepare or review lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
- Good knowledge of English
- Possession of LEEA/NSL up to Level 4
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of all types of lifting equipment and operations within affiliate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th December, 2021.