Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Jan 20, 2020, 9:31 AM
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Social Worker Code: MT03500 Location: Gwoza, Borno Report to: Community Engagement Activity Manager/Field Coordinator Report to (functional) : Community Engagement Activity Manager/Field Coordinator Working Hours: 48 Hours per week No of Places: 01 Contract Duration: 6 months Level: 5
- Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the individual/patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and/or to improve his/her psychosocial condition
- Supervising and providing guidance to the team in charge of New arrivals activities/protection, assisting them in collect information, socio-educational activities, planning their schedule and in organizing efficient coverage.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Maintaining the network and cooperating closely with relevant medical facilities, officials, institutions, NGOs and indicating possible local actors or local NGOs which could be involved in awareness activities at a local level.
- Inform line manager all-important information expressed by the individual/communities, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Identify social needs of individuals/patients through a social assessment. • Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact individuals/patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits).
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipments in order to ensure continuity.
- Make the link between Emir Palace and hospital for protection/SGBV cases.
- Raise detention/protection issues to Field coordinator.
- Work with data entry to ensure information from questionnaires are properly filled.
- Focal Point for New arrivals Activities/Protection.
- Supervise the New arrival process (NFI, medical and psychosocial support to be given by MSF).
- Making the link with other NGOs and facilities to be sure New arrivals are effectively receiving support.
- Essential degree in Social Work.
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs will be an asset (> 6 months)
- Two years minimum in a similar social job mandatory
- Essential English and Hausa. Desirable Kanuri and Mandra
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
Salary NGN 3,014,622 (Annual basic salary +13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)Application Deadline 27th January, 2020.
Job Title: Medical Doctor Code: MD01400 Location: Gwoza LGA, Borno Working hours: 48 Hours Per week Grade Level: 9 Contract Duration: 12 Months Report to: Medical Activity Manager Report to (functional): Medical Activity Manager No of Places: 01
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medi-cal knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Experience: 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Education: Medical Doctor, MBBS or equivalent, from an accredited institution/Medical College plus
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
- Mission language (English) essential. Local language (Hausa, Mandra, Kanuri) desirable.
- People Management
Salary NGN 5, 973, 591 (Annual basic salary + 13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Application Deadline 29th January, 2020.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of the NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) either by email to: email@example.com clearly indicating the "Job Title and Reference ID" as the subject of your mail. Note
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts