Software Engineer at Konga Nigeria
Konga is Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 7 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa.
Our culture and values, in a nutshell, speak to placing our customers as a priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
- We are looking to add a Software Developer to our team, to build and implement functional programs.
- You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
- This role will require you to work with different stacks and technologies to build new products, maintain and optimise existing Konga products.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment and therefore your ability to learn new stacks and technologies will be an addition.
- In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- If you also have experience in Agile frameworks and popular coding languages, we'd like to meet you.
- Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- B.Sc / B.A in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer / Developer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubenetes and Git (Gitlab)
- Creating and implementing design plans
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- 3+ years experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. MySQL, NoSQL)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms (time and space complexity measurement)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Software Engineer” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 18th April, 2022.