Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Solar Technical Specialist Job Vacancy at Zola Electric
Solar Technical Specialist Job Vacancy at Zola Electric
Jun 20, 2018, 10:13 AM
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Solar Technical Specialist Location: Lagos Nigeria Position
- The Solar Technical Specialist role is a cross functional, technical role to assist in the creation of new solar products and features from ideation to launch.
- A skilled engineer to help install, test and document findings for new hardware prototypes that explore future technologies & user experiences.
- This role is primarily responsible for managing on the ground initiatives within the product pipeline, including identifying market and customer needs, developing and running prototype experiments, testing new products in market, documenting findings, and supporting Pan-African new product roll-out.
- Lead product field testing, including coordinating product installations, collecting data logs, analyzing and consolidating customer feedback
- Assist technical hardware developers with customer insights, field trial support and collaboration with commercial teams
- Drive continuous improvement and ongoing innovation throughout the product lifecycle
- Act as a coordinating point of contact between departments that delivers well-positioned products to the market
- Develop analysis tools for building the internal business case for new products and offerings
- Manage various projects from start-to-finish as the project lead including planning, budget, contract development, customer outreach, etc.
- Design, plan, and execute pilots for learning, iterating, and introducing new products and customer offerings across multiple African markets
- Act as the primary interface with customers during product trials and testing maintaining a positive relationship and prioritizing customer satisfaction
- Collect inputs, update and report findings to cross functional groups and company leadership
- Identify, vet and negotiate contracts with local agencies for solar installations, marketing testing, etc.
- Ensure on-site safety for team members and customers
- Develop and document product technical requirements based on field surveys, customer insights and direct observation
- Coordinate with field engineering teams and product development teams to commission solar installations, and conduct basic troubleshooting.
- User testing & customer insight gathering
- Develop a deep technical and market-based expertise on our core and future products
- Employ human-centered design techniques while conducting research to identify customer needs and market opportunities
- Monitor and report on products’ quality, adoption, and user reactions throughout the product life-cycle
- Define market requirements, test new concepts, and facilitating the introduction of new products to market
- Bachelor / Master in Electrical Engineering, with over 3 years of working as Electrical Engineer
- Experience in emerging-frontier markets and delivering products in those markets
- Proficiency in English, basic working proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, Swahili, Twi, Ga.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and quality focused
- Collaborative, customer focused and deadline driven
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria with frequent travel to West African markets.
- Occasional travel to additional international offices.
- Frequent interfacing with counterparts in other offices via video conferencing.
- Certifications and training in project, program or product management
- Previous experience working in African markets and in solar or energy production
- In-field experience as electrical engineer and interfacing with energy customers
- Knowledge of market dynamics, technology and competition to synthesize into product strategy
- Knowledge of project management principles and financial principles
- Knowledge of energy systems, solar and battery technology, and electronics
- Collaboration skills to contribute and lead cross functional teams
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts