SOS Children's Villages Nigeria Vacancy for a Consultant in Lagos
May 5, 2020, 10:11 PM
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Development of Guidelines for Alternative Care of Children in Lagos State
- This call for Expression of Interest are for individual consultants who are interested in facilitating the process of developing guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children in Lagos State
- Details regarding the contents of proposals and submission procedures are explained herein.
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The project is an offshoot of extensive consultation and collaboration across government bodies; non-governmental partners and alternative care providers in the state. It seeks to address the limitations of alternative care as practiced in Lagos state by providing information and guidance on other alternative care options.
- Hence the need to come up with a document to guide the quality implementation of alternative care and also to provide critical input in the review of the child rights law of the state
- This process will lead to the development of a State alternative care guideline.
- The process will be conducted within two months The final report should be submitted not later than July 30th, 2020.
The project will be carried out in 3 stages:
- Undertake a 3-day desk study analysing all documents regarding Child’s Rights, Child Protection, Alternative Care of Children in Lagos State UN guideline on Alternative Care as well as Alternative Care guidelines for some African countries. These documents will be sourced by the consultant who will then use the information to plan for engagement with key informants and other stakeholders.
- At this stage, the consultant will hold discussions and interviews with key informants from the Lagos State Ministry of Youth & Social Development, SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria, and key programme implementers as well as the TWG on Alternative Care in Lagos.
This involves the drafting and review of the draft guideline on Alternative Care:
- The first draft report(s) should be submitted by electronic transmission to SOS CV Nigeria, in accordance with the report format given below, no later than 14 (fourteen) calendar days after the consultant’s return from the field.
- A validation meeting will then take place, where stakeholders will give feedback on the first draft.
- The final draft will be submitted to SOS CV Nigeria no later than 7 (seven) calendar days after the validation meeting and should incorporate the inputs made at the validation meeting.
Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Profile of the Consultant / Agency
- Experienced in child’s rights, child protection & alternative child care
- Strong skills in coordinating teamwork
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to transfer complex concepts/ideas into practical and simple language
- Good understanding of Nigeria’s child welfare system.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information to identify underlying trends and patterns
- Proven familiarity and expertise with analytical techniques and modeling of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience documenting processes and/or writing scientific research articles
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in data collection and evaluation methods
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates and / or institutions are requested to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) for Consultancy which should include the following below to: email@example.com using "Expression of Interest for the Development of Guidelines for Alternative Care of Children in Lagos State" as the subject of the email.
- A Curriculum Vitae / Company Profile
- Letter of interest / EOI tender
- Methodology of conducting the study with relevant cost of the study.
Selection of External Expert
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with our Guidelines, some of which are as follows:
- The proposed method for developing the guideline is suitable
- The timetable/work plan is realistic and meet the needs of the project
- Reasonability and feasibility of cost of the proposal contained in the EOI
- The level of training and experience of the consultant in undertaking content development
- Recommendations from organizations for which the consultant has worked previously.
- The EOI should include details on the method, strategy for content development, work plan, costs, and CV of the consultant
- All offers received will be reviewed based on its qualification, relevance, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness in response to the advert.
- This call for EOI does not amount to any commitments on SOS Children’s Villages International or its Member Association (SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria) or its staff either financially or otherwise.
Application Deadline 17:00 GMT (Nigerian Time) 8th May, 2020.