State Coordinators at Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
The USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development. The overall purpose of the project in Nigeria is to provide technical support to the Government of Nigeria, and other nutrition stakeholders and generate evidence to enhance nutrition programming toward achieving the overall goal of improving nutrition for a healthy, productive, and resilient Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Locations: Bauchi and Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of the Position
- The State Coordinators will provide overall leadership and management of the project in Kebbi and Bauchi states in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the states government and other partners.
- S/He will spearhead coordination, implementation and reporting of the states project activities and ensure optimal resource management.
- S/He will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for overall performance of the project in the two states. The positions is based in Kebbi and Bauchi.
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed work-plan which identifies, and sequences activities needed to successfully implement the project in the most cost-effective manner and ensures that project objectives and deliverables are met in line with national policies, and USAID goals.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll out of partner specific action and implementation plans to implement project activities.
- Facilitate the development or review of project specific annual budgets and monitor implementation
- Provides clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep project senior management informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Take responsibility for management of the state project budget and all other resources under the direction of the Senior Program Officer.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of state project activities
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures and ensure that all financial records for the projects are up to date.
- Ensure that project partners execute the project according to their respective project plans.
- Document project activities and ensure that all project information is appropriately secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and adjust as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully completed.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and Establish system for project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Internally and when requested, support project research activities as required.
- Disseminate findings from research to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
- Establish a functional state M&E data system with periodic analyses and review to inform program management and provide reports to project M&E team
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by donor.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Liaise and network with relevant partners and collaborators in the state to improve project visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
- Represent the project at the state level.
Resources and Process Management:
- Effectively manage project resources and processes
- Cost effectiveness (Judicious use of available resources in the State)
- Optimal utilization of project resources
- Responsiveness (Timeliness in delivering on internal processes such as reporting, request for information, promptness for meetings etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate Degree in Public Health Nutrition, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or its equivalent.
- Postgraduate Degree in related field preferred.
- At least 7 years’ senior level work experience in development program management in Nigeria or equivalent experience
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and able to execute deliverables according to deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required
- Fluency in Hausa language is highly desire
- Previous supervision or team leader experience
- Proven track record in managing international projects
- Willingness to travel within the state and other parts of the country as needed
- Experience of managing a nutrition program, would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and partner organizations to achieve results.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 22nd August, 2022.