State Sales Managers at ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Sales Manager
Location: Niger, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales team leads, sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers.
- The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
- Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers
- Continuously improve customer repayment
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment
Deliverables and Activities
Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers:
- State Sales Strategy- Continuously refine and iterate on our state sales strategy that aims to reach millions of customers in need of ReadyPay Power by 2020, both by acquiring new customers and increasing repeat sales to existing customers
- Sales and Marketing initiatives- Test, validate, and refine Fenix Nigeria’s strategic sales and marketing initiatives based on analysis of our unique data set and field-based insights, in order to amplify our sales model to drive new customer acquisition
Continuously improve customer repayment:
- Commercial Strategy- Develop a commercial strategy at state level that optimizes customer lifetime value (CLV) through increasing new sales, improving loan performance, and growing active customers and repeat sales
- Data Based Insights- Use our unique data set as well as insights derived from the field to refine and iterate on our customer retention strategy, in order to improve payment velocity, repayment rates and repeat sales
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders
- Support in creating and maintaining relationships with current and potential commercial partners
- Create and own relationship management of key stakeholders within the sales process, especially with distribution partners (if any)
- Identify and assess additional sales channels to expand sales coverage across your state, including distributors, corporation and NGO partners.
Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment:
- Communication- Live and communicate EEA’s mission to improve the quality of life of our customers
- Culture- Uphold and help continually build the ENGIE culture which always embraces the vision and values and always puts the customer’s experience first
- Leadership to Team Leads- Build upon, support, and provide exceptional leadership to the Team Leads and sales agents, including testing and setting compensation, targets, and incentive structures.
Recruitment and Training- Oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing management of sales, marketing, and customer repayment teams in your state:
- Team Development- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team members
- Bachelor's Degree in a discipline related to functional work or role
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years working in a senior role within a progressive B2C sales environment with strong, quantifiable results
- Experience in a Solar Home systems, FMCG or Telecoms industries would be preferred
- Knowledge of Niger state is essential
- Proven experience and a passion for motivating and leading large teams to deliver on ambitious goals within a commercial business environment
- Ability to draw the right insights from data to create and nimbly adjust strategy, make difficult decisions that often require tradeoffs, balanced with a bias to action
- Passionate about solving problems for customers in rural communities
- Proficiency in English Language and 1 or more other Nigerian Languages
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience or passion for working in developing markets
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: email@example.com using "State Sales Manager - Niger" or "State Sales Manager - Ebonyi" as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021.