Supply and Logistics Assistant at Oxfam Nigeria (Abuja)
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply and Logistics Assistant
Requisition ID: 11161
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Internal Job Grade: E1- national
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Job Family: Supply and Logistics
Reporting to: Supply & Logistics Officer
- The Supply & Logistics Assistant supports the Supply & Logistics Officer in providing technical support in procurement, warehousing, and property management.
- Key deliverables for this position include supporting general administration of logistics processes in terms of warehousing, documentation, and reporting of all procurement processes.
- The Assistant will be exemplary in commitment to Oxfam core values, upholding principles, and policies.
- Supports the Logistics Unit to carry out administrative tasks.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with Oxfam’s procurement procedures and policies.
- Supports Logistics Officer in the management of suppliers and updating of database.
- Provide day to day update on procurement related issues.
- Coordination and Management of diesel supply and reporting of minimum stock for replenishment.
- Management of Stationaries store and provide stock level for replenishment.
- Raising of requisition via EPO.
- To support logistics in sharing RFQ to potential service providers.
- Updating of Logistics procurement tracker.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out other Logistics responsibilities as delegated.
- Ensure complete procurement documentations following receipt of goods and receipt of invoice with TIN (Tax Identification Number) of the supplier(s).
- Implement and document Oxfam Novib standard procedures and practices of purchasing and promote accountability of resources.
- Compile a detailed Bid Analysis and submit to the Supply & Logistics Officer for review.
- Prepares Purchase Orders (PO) for the successful bidder following approval of the bid analysis and makes sure that contracts, when needed, are properly signed, and filed.
- Follow up and update asset database on regular basis.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree or Higher National Diploma
- High level skills of Office Packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organising and documentation skills.
- Able to work in a diverse team.
Key Attributes - Desirable:
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the main local languages widely spoken in northern Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Oxfam policies, procedure, and systems.
- Professional accreditation certification in supply chain management, warehousing, fleet management, logistics or facilities management.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Key Behavioural Competencies
Competencies - Description
- Influencing - We can engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we could create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Relationship Building - We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We could engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity - We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with many elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking - We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome, or event in isolation. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Listening - We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th March, 2022.