Supply Chain Manager at Action Against Hunger
Jun 27, 2020, 5:56 AM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 Months
Start date: 01-08-2020
Your Work Environment
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. In the year 2018 alone, our work in Nigeria reached approximately 3.5 million people. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounted to approximately 54 million USD in 2018. The country team comprises of over 600 staff. Other than the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
Since January 2018, our teams in Borno State have deployed emergency response to over 25,000 people in the Monguno following an attack on a military base. There are presently 350 staff in this area covering Monguno, Kukawa and Nganzai Local Government Areas working on food assistance, WASH, Health & Nutrition and recovery programmes, particularly in IDP camps.
- Under the supervision of Operations Support Coordinator, you will be in charge of carrying out supply chain management of all procurement activities in Borno State whilst ensuring full compliance with ACF procedures and policies. More precisely, you will be in charge of:
- Ensuring Logistics Supply Chain, review and prepare all documentation during the procurement process
- Negotiating supplier framework agreements and contracts
- Supervising delivery issues
- The position will oversee and manage all the procurment activities for over 8 projects across three field offices in Borno state and supervise a team of 5 staffs
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Business Administration OR Logistics OR Purchasing and Supply. You have 3 years of professional experience in procurement and/or logistics capacity management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You are a manager that have the ability and desire to develop staff capacity. A previous experience of handling a large volume base like Maiduguri will be a benefit. You are fflexible and able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
- You have strong ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgement. You are committed to ACF values, have strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Condition of Employment:
- Length of contract: 12 months, starting on the August 1st 2020.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly gross salary from 2010€ to 2335€ upon experience.
- + Per diem and living allowance: 539€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 2 months)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply