Team Leader at Crown Agents
Crown Agents is an international development company delivering capacity building and institutional development services in procurement, public financial management, revenue enhancement and expenditure management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader
Location: Maiguguri, Borno
- Team Leader (Chief of Party) - coordination, capacity building, quality assurance and risk management of reconstruction in NE Nigeria
If bid is successful (approx. mid-2018 to mid-2023)
Leadership, management and oversight:
- Provide leadership, coordination and strategic direction setting for the full MCRP programme and additional projects subsequently secured;
- Deliver the objectives of the PMC to a high standard:
- Ensure that the project team is providing high quality advice on procurement, programme management, financial management and contract management to PCNI, state-level PCUs and other people/institutions as required;
- Oversight of high-quality capacity building of the BAY states, state-level project coordination units, federal institutions and other people / organisaitons as required;
- Lead, line manage and coordinate a team of technical advisors to develop and enhance the program's implementation plan and standards;
- Manage strategic relationships with the Government of Nigeria, federal institutions, state-level governments, the World Bank, other donors, civil society, media, business partners and consortium members;
- Secure and maintain high-level political engagement and support; and
- Membership of the project Steering Committee.
- Monitor and mitigate risks of the PCM functions, and take decisions that are conflict and gender sensitive;
- Oversight of security of staff contracted to the PCM; and
- Oversight of external communication, including a strong social media presence.
Excel at managing the finances and performance of the project and reporting to the customers as required:
Required and Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Overall management of resources allocated to the project;
- Monitor and ensure performance of the programme and ensure that all milestones are met according to World Bank / Government requirements, develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from work plans;
- Account and report to the World Bank / Government as required on programme performance; and
- Promote networking and knowledge sharing amongst key stakeholders and programme work streams.
- Support business development for the consortium:
- Identify opportunities for the consortium to leverage this project and secure further business in the region;
- Liaise with the Crown Agents’ representative in Maiduguri (and other consortium partners’ representatives) as necessary on business development; and
- Support any further bids by the consortium through technical advice and communications.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, which includes:
- Managing large development programmes and delivering results in conflict and humanitarian contexts;
- Leading and managing a diverse team; and
- A track-record of improving the skills and abilities of others.
- Sound experience in project cycle management, and especially in responding to and adapting to M&E findings;
- Results orientated and commitment to accountability and value for money;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society organisations;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills; and
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply
- Working in or on Nigeria, and particularly the BAY states;
- Managing World Bank funded projects;
- Managing programmes in any of the following sectors: social service delivery, infrastructure, conflict prevention, peacebuilding, community development; and
- Business development in international development.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification to the programme.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
- Preference may be given to candidates willing to be based in Maiduguri (with travel to Abuja and other parts of NE Nigeria when security permits).
- Candidates based elsewhere in Nigeria must be willing to spend the majority of their time in the BAY states when security permits. This is an essential minimum standard.
- Please state in your application form your willingness to be based Maiduguri and travel to other parts of the BAY states.