Technical Advisor, Operations Research at the West African Centre for Public Health and Development (WACPHD)
The West African Centre for Public Health and Development (WACPHD) is a non-governmental organization working on Improving health equity through sustained research, program delivery, technical assistance, and education and is providing technical support for the ACE project. To effectively reduce HIV, including HIV/TB co-infection, as well as institutionalize health system reforms, the United States Government (USG), through the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), supports the Government of Nigeria (GON) to implement interventions, across the HIV/AIDS care continuum and strengthen the health system to deliver high-quality services.
As part of the effort in this regard, the USAID/Nigeria office recently engaged a consortium to implement the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control in the several State of Nigeria. WACPHD, as part of the Consortium, will be implementing the Operations/ Implementation Research component of the ACE grant in lot 6-comprising Lagos, Edo and Bayelsa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, Operations Research
Duration of Engagement: 1 Year
About the Job
- To facilitate the development of a comprehensive Operations Research strategy within the ACE lot 6 mandate, WACPHD needs the services of a Technical Advisor, Operations Research to lead the WACPHD's Operations Research component of the response.
- This position will function within the regional implementing office (Lagos) and will coordinate/oversight all operations and research activities in Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos State.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Oversee the conceptualization, design, planning and implementation of each Operations Research domain throughout the project
- Accountable for results and delivery in all aspects of the projects Operations Research.
- Chief liaison officer between UoM and other consortium team partners at the regional office and will be directly involved in the everyday operationalization of the Operations Research component of the ACE project
- Ensure final validation of the data before transmission to the GoN National Data Repository or DHIS platform.
- Manage the Learning Sites at the regional and state offices.
- Generate periodic / routine evidence briefs, factsheets, etc, using validated ACE project data.
- Compile routine technical / activity reports and update the consortium and other stakeholders on the IR component of the project.
- Provide technical support on all areas of the ACE program, including operations research, to the regional and ACE in-country implementation teams, as well as all project partners in Bayelsa, Edo, and Lagos
- Work with the partnering CBOs / HAIN GTD / Ltd data teams across the 3 states to manage project data and derive usable information for all stakeholders.
- Review and check data from all the states as it is being dropped on the cloud server at the country office.
Qualification / Requirement
- Candidates should possess an MPH or M.Sc, in Public Health, with a functional knowledge of medical statistics. A PhD Degree is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in managing project research portfolios.
- Strong understanding of data analysis, with proficiency in Excel, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- The ability to facilitate training and other capacity-strengthening efforts, especially in Research is highly required.
- The ability to work in a team is highly required.
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly is required.
- The ability to speak local dialects is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable and versed in project management, especially in managing donor-funded projects.
- Delivery of results in very challenging moments, especially meeting short notices/deadlines, is required.
- Certifications in relevant areas / fields, fellowship, and membership in professional institutions, relevant to public health research is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st October, 2022.
Important Information and Notice
- Interested candidates should fill out the online recruitment form and upload a one-page application letter along with their CV, the highest level of qualification, and NYSC discharge certificate (where applicable)
- WACPHD considers equality for all to be a fundamental human right. We actively promote diversity and inclusion, while condemning all types of unlawful and unjust discrimination based on age, disability, gender, and sexual orientation.
- No relocation allowance is provided for this position
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview