Technical Officer - Clinical Services at Nigerian Red Cross Society
The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer - Clinical Services
Location: Gembu, Sardauna LGA, Taraba State
Employment Type: Contract
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the TO-CS will provide administrative and technical leadership at Branch level to ensure that the project goals and objectives are achieved in the State.
- In sync with the Branch Secretary, the TO-CS will lead the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project at the branch.
- Assists the Project Manager and the Branch Secretary with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies for the project.
- Interfaces with key stakeholders in the State, keeps track of their deliverables, and keeps the Project Manager up to date.
- Engage, interacts with other implementing partners form INGO, NGO, CSO, CBO etc.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Project Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions and bring them to the attention of the Project Manager for action.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and Branch Secretary in defining the project scope to facilitate decision-making for project implementation.
- Works closely with the Branch Secretary for the development of monthly proposal and working advances budget for the project.
- Assists with the implementation of finance and accounting, records management, communications, and feedback to facilitate project implementation.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the project management team.
- TO-CS shall be responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/she shall be stationed.
- Liaising daily with clinical staff Including other doctors, none medical management staffs and health care professionals
- Be responsible for ensuring that medicines and medical supplies are available for effective service delivery.
- He/ She shall also give oversight and guidance to health workers on proper management of medical conditions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Provide technical guidance to Assistant Technical Officers - Nutrition, Mental Health, Logistics, Monitoring and Evaluation in the team.
- Undertakespatients’ consultation and physical examination of patients before referral to secondary or tertiary care
- Coordinate and lead the medical outreach team in providing health care to the POC's/HC in the settlements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Must be registered with Nigeria Medical and Dental Practitioner’s council
- Must possess a valid practicing license
- At least two years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
- Ability to respect and maintain medical secrets and confidentiality at all times
- In-depth Knowledge of PHC services in Nigeria
- Excellent report writing
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.)
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in the local language.
- Excellent Advocacy skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as one single document) to: email@example.com explaining why you should be considered for the position you applied for.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- State the Position applied for/State/Name as subject of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered
Application Deadline 10th September, 2021.