Travel Clerk (Maternity Cover) at the British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Travel Clerk (Maternity Cover)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 4 months
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: CSSF (Conflict, Stability and Security Fund)
Grade: A1 (L)
Working Hours Per Week: 37
Start Date: 21 February 2022
Main Purpose of Job
- To support the effective day-to-day running of the OP TURUS travel desk, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and run an efficient travel-booking scheme.
- Provides information concerning fares, availability of flights and accommodation.
- Provide excellent and efficient solutions to problems that may arise with travel bookings. Support to the overall OP TURUS travel unit within the budgeted resources.
- Provides answers about travel policies and processes.
- Confers with clients by telephone, writing or in person to answer questions regarding services and travel preferences.
- Process information-compiling, categorization, calculating, auditing and verifying data within the budgeted resources.
- Dispatch of official documents, Filing and Record Keeping
- Other duties as may be assigned by Line Manager.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision. A positive attitude is essential.
- Good organisational skills - capable of working quickly and accurately.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Previous experience in Travel administration e.g. in travel agent role.
- Customer service orientation and attention to details at all times.
- Experience of working in a Team to deliver a quality service in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritise.
- A good command of English language - both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with the principles and processes for flight and hotel bookings.
- Experience of working in a travel agency.
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector or with the military.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
- Information about the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Application Deadline 4th February, 2022.