Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Hospitality / Travel / Tourism > Vacancies in a Fast Growing Bakery and Confectionary in Gboko, Benue State
Vacancies in a Fast Growing Bakery and Confectionary in Gboko, Benue State
Aug 20, 2019, 10:47 AM
Tikos Bakery - Our company a fast growing Bakery and confectionary firm in Gboko with a branch in Abuja requires the services of vibrant and highly innovative personalities for immediate employment into the positions below: Job Title: General Manager Location: Gboko, Benue Job Description
- Successful candidates will oversee,coordinate and managethe timely production of all product lines to defined quality standards and customer requirements; and ensures the efficient use of resources.
- Manage the day-to-day production schedule for the whole bakery (i.e. all product lines) in order to meet customer orders and day-to-day over- the-counter sales requirements.
- Ensure that products meet company quality and quantity standards.
- Develop and instigate operating procedures for the efficient use of resources.
- Coordination of marketing process, breaking new barriers.
- Ensure that accurate production data is entered into the firm system/database
- Communicate to the Chairman on a daily basis regarding operational performance and order completion status
- Appraise employee performance using both the formal performance management system adopted by the business and other informal techniques to ensure that employees are continually developed.
- Identify and develop training plans for production staff to ensure that the necessary training is effectively carried out either by internal one-to-one mentoring, classroom-based learning or by other training methods.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained to reduce the likelihood of breakdowns
- Ensure the adherence to statuary regulations and legislation relevant to the production of food
- Ensure daily stock-taking of finished products
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned to him from day-to-day by the board
- Minimum of 2-3years' experience in a production/manufacturing/baking environment
- OND/HND, B.Sc. in Business Administration, Catering and Hotel Management
- Experience in the food service industry is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of various production management techniques and practices
- Self - starter; must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Computer literate with experience with enterprise management or other production management software/Microsoft office tools
- Must be available to work weekends
- Successful candidates will be responsible forproviding business acumen to the General Manager and other members of the bakery on accounting and Central Office management teams.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Preparation of weekly financial reports including forecasting of profits, cash and payroll.
- Assistance in the preparation of books and files for audit and declaration of VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines
- Income Audit - Ensuring that all sales are recorded accurately.
- Payroll - Highlighting/ generating reports for individual departments within each property addressing problem areas. Processing payroll and ensuring that roistering, time sheet input and payments are conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Cash/Bank Control – Ensure that all cash is managed and reconciled correctly and that there is a system in place for controlling the handling of cash throughout each property.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that each property’s debtor are tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable – Supervision of creditor process to include monitoring of bakery system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at
- Pro-active contribution to the overall property management with a particular emphasis on the maintenance of the control environment and cost management.
- Provide guidance and training to all managers and staff on all procedures including cash, purchasing, debt collection etc. to ensure strict adherence to financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlighting issues if necessary.
- Work closely with team to ensure understanding of departmental financial reporting, salaries, wages and profit and loss accounts
- 2+ years post qualification experience in industry
- OND/HND, B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Must be available to work weekends
- Excellent communications skills, computer literate, Accounts programmes, Payroll, day to day running of Accounts.
- Successful candidates would be the key point of contact between an organisation and its clients: answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products.
- Organising sales visits
- Marketing and sales of company products
- Demonstrating and presenting products
- Establishing new business
- Maintaining accurate records
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Reviewing sales performance
- Negotiating contracts and packages
- Business development
- Aiming to achieve monthly or annual targets.
- 2 +years cognate experience in Sales and Marketing in the marketing. Academic
- B.Sc/HND /OND in relevant fields
- Marketing Knowledge with SOLID CLIENTELE will be a huge advantage.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts