Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Vacancy For Application Developer In A Reputable Bank
Vacancy For Application Developer In A Reputable Bank
Sep 18, 2018, 6:19 PM
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a Bank in Nigeria, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Application Developer Location: Lagos Job Summary
- The application developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the group. This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases. The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 5+years delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S/B.A), Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- 5 – 8 years delivery experience with Java or .NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts