Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Vacancy at Babban Gona Farmer Services for a Product Manager
Vacancy at Babban Gona Farmer Services for a Product Manager
Mar 21, 2019, 9:28 PM
Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Product Manager Locations: Kaduna, Lagos Details
- Babban Gona is seeking a passionate, inspiring, and results-oriented individual to lead the product team - i.e. a seasoned engineer with demonstrated experience in managing a world-class design team to develop robust mobile and web applications.
- The selected candidate will lead members of Babban Gona’s Product Development team and own technical delivery of projects.
- This role is primarily aimed at Android development, however light web development and scripting will also be required. The role reports to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Customer needs analysis and planning
- Understand business needs and feedback from users to identify new opportunities
- Collate documenting requirements, writing user stories, and creating feature specs
- Define Product success measures that align with key organizational metrics
- Establish self as a subject-matter expert on your products, best practices, competition and pay keen attention to latest industry trends
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research, product analysis and market insights to inform your vision, strategy and roadmap
- Rally and align designers, tech leads, analysts, data scientists and stakeholders around your plans
- Define a product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with teams within the organization to align project priorities and build product adoption
- Create and prioritize hypotheses, initiate user research and work with product analysts, data scientists, tech leads and UX researchers to understand user problems and verify ideas
- Lead team throughout the design, build and launch of relevant products compatible with multiple platforms and operating systems, particularly mobile.
- Support the development of appropriate tracking and reporting to resolve product performance
- Track product performance, match against success metrics and report to relevant stakeholders
- Build and continuously refine the delivery and opportunity validation backlog. Determine the metrics which measure our success
- Conduct experiments and run A/B tests to understand which initiatives will have the most impact on success metrics you defined
- Own all aspects of product lifecycle - strategy, requirements definition, design, forecasting, launch plans, testing, bug resolution and future enhancements
- Bachelor's degree required (STEM subject field preferred)
- A strong technical background by training or technical orientation by experience with previous software development or programming experience.
- Comfort discussing deep technical topics with our development teams
- 3 years of product management experience
- Demonstrated leadership working effectively with design and engineering teams
- Experience in data-driven product development and applying A/B testing, user research, conversion optimization, user testing, data analysis, competitor and market analysis in decision making
- Leadership skills - you are able to inspire your team, build consensus, value teamwork and able to mentor
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Strong analytical skills with experience in setting key performance indicators, goal-metrics and reporting
- Proven, impeccable product sense and judgment when it comes to working with product designers
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity - initiative to dig into the why, what & how
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts