Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Vacancy For Database Administrator at Alfred and Victoria Associates, 27th May, 2019
Vacancy For Database Administrator at Alfred and Victoria Associates, 27th May, 2019
May 27, 2019, 5:22 PM
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Database Administrator Location: Lagos Job Description
- We are looking for a Professional Database Administrator (DBA) who will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- You should be capable of productive collaboration with the development team to ensure system consistency, provide technical support and identify new requirements. You should also be organized and communicative.
- Organize tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Create database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Construct and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Ensure data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Utilize high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Ensure minimal database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Document database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure they are followed by the team
- Knowledge of programming languages API
- Strong problem-solving skills, with algorithmic thinking
- BS degree in Computer Science or other relevant area.
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Database Administrator position
- Solid experience with database standards and end user applications
- Solid experience with data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Experience with DBA case tools (front-end or back-end) and third-party tools
- Good knowledge of database design, documentation and coding
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts