Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Vacancy For Litigation Lawyer at Alan and Grant, 6th June, 2019
Vacancy For Litigation Lawyer at Alan and Grant, 6th June, 2019
Jun 6, 2019, 2:17 PM
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Litigation Lawyer Location: Abuja Zip/Postal Code: 234 Industry: Legal Job Description
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as court processes, case reviews, legal opinions, wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, contracts etc.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes subject to firm’s decision.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Supervise legal assistants, and take responsibility to ensure all court processes are filed within time and service effected as required.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Compulsorily prepare at least one article in a month on any topical legal issue and article must contain at least 30 research references.
- Develop specialties in at least 5 areas of legal practice
- Respond to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing
- Ensure all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Read all new decisions of the Supreme Court.
- Do a written analysis of every new court process filed in cases assigned to team and advice on impact and necessary reaction.
- Maintain a practice note which must add on a minimum of 15 new cases every month.
- Ensure a prompt reaction to every single Court decision given in cases being handled.
- Notify Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Read Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Make representations in court for Client’s businesses as required.
- Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
- Study Constitution, statutes, precents/decisions of courts and other dispute resolution bodies, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Familiarize with all procedural laws including Evidence Act (and Judicial interpretation of all provisions of the Act), rules of all appellate courts, Federal High Court, National Industrial Court, Lagos State High Court and any other court where briefs are assigned to counsel
- Bachelor's degree in Law
- Minimum of 7-10 years Post Call experience.
- Smart and fast paced legal professional, good with brief writing, research and advocacy.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts