Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancy For WASH Assistant - Engineering at Action Against Hunger, 25th February, 2019
Vacancy For WASH Assistant - Engineering at Action Against Hunger, 25th February, 2019
Feb 25, 2019, 2:02 PM
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: WASH Assistant - Engineering Location: Monguno, Borno Job Type: Full Time Job Summary
- This position is based in Monguno, Borno State and directly supervised by the WASH Officer.
- The WASH Assistant is responsible for the direct implementation of WASH activities to achieve the specific objective of the EU project which is to improve nutrition security of conflict affected populations through uptake of critical household health and hygiene behaviours with the aim of providing primary health care, water, livelihoods sources, sanitation and hygiene services.
- Conduct field visit and ensure quality assurance of construction and electrification of facilities being delivered and adherence to design specifications.
- Maintain regular contact with local stakeholders.
- Work closely with the team members and relevant stakeholders throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH project.
- Participate in the supervision of water, electrification and sanitation construction activities.
- Assist in preparing training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct training for stakeholders.
- Assist the WASH technical officer in the development of technical guidelines and tools.
- Interact with internal staff and local stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Build relationship with local government to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status.
- Communicate & report WASH field activities.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (AutoCAD, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Minimum of a BSc/HND in water engineering, hydrology, civil engineering, electrical engineering, Building and other related fields with minimum of 1 year field experience.
- Previous experience in supervising drilling, electrical and construction activities.
- Professional, good organizational capacity and motivated.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts