Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Vacancy For Head of Marketing at Zola Electric
Vacancy For Head of Marketing at Zola Electric
Jul 10, 2018, 3:27 PM
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Head of Marketing Location: Lagos The Position
- Define CRISP Jobs-to-Be-Done (JTBDs) to drive priorities, align extended brand team partners and shape resource allocation.
- Input to multifunctional innovation/renovation/non Innovation Led Growth (NILG) team to deliver a project on time in full (OTIF) and translate proposition into locally relevant USP.
- Project manage local deployment of Innovations, select appropriate communication channels based on a consumption and consumer media behavior (i.e. paid, owned & earned media).
- Work on local brand communication ideas (BCI) and campaign ideas (CI)) and the subsequent implementation.
- Develop a detailed country brand activity and business plan and in-market activation with rigor and scale.
- Develop a local strategy for price and trade promotions.
- Liaise with Sales to develop relevant channel strategy for each customer facing channel that maximizes sales and enhances competitiveness.
- Develop and implement communication plans in-market to meet local media, language and legal requirements.
- Part of cross functional team through timely measurements of results against internal and external KPIs.
- Track in market action and execution with discipline.
- Diagnose issues and opportunities and make changes to the brand plan through analysis of root causes of performance.
- The Head of Marketing builds the fundamentals for the marketing function within Nigeria, by creating relevant and impactful brand plans to power up the new brand and to track and optimize the marketing effort within country. This is done by means of market analysis (customer insight) of the country category, strategy & localizing brand execution and executing innovation. The Head of Marketing localizes communication for in-market activation, tracks performance and optimizes brand equity, plans & mixes
- Partner with research to resolve knowledge gaps, connect information and uncover fresh insights into customer needs amend desires to create actionable opportunities.
- Analyze the category, understand what drives brand choice and category consumption, identify the root causes of market performance and provide recommendations.
- Develop a competitive category strategy through conducting reviews and audits to understand the rules of the category, key value drivers and what it takes to win.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Understanding of the local market to predict market change and competitor scenarios
- Knowledge of brand positioning and strategy and creating communication channels
- Knowledge of in-market activation and financial principles
- Leadership and people management skills
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Customer focused
- Required to travel extensively within Nigeria and willing to work extended hours.
- 5+ years’ experience in Consumer / Customer Marketing in Nigeria
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective and integrated Brand Marketing Plans
- Proven project and budget management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of customers and shoppers (Insight)
- Knowledge of key channel/customer dynamics for a Category and Brand
- Knowledge of Gross profit performance (what drives brand choice and category consumption)
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts