Vacancy For Minigrid Sales Engineer at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric - As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Minigrid Sales Engineer
Ref Id: 004FEO
Reporting to the Economic Development VP and working in cooperation with Access to Energy Team and Country Teams, the sales engineer with be responsible for:
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for Selling Mini Grid opportunities for Schneider Electric’s from all Bus, including the development of partnerships on Mini Grid in your zone of responsibility and support in financing research to these partners.
- Familiar with all aspects of partnerships, funding research and project development including the ability to manage projects with different stakeholders at all levels, as well as create project description and commercial offers.
- Passionate about sustainable development, concerned about poverty issues, understand the importance of trained disadvantaged people in energy field for the development of developing countries.
Selling of Mini Grid Projects in Africa:
- Sell, and ensure good Execution and deployment complete projects to time involving many stakeholders
- Development of strategic partnerships
- Donors and financing research (Apply for and seek out channels and new partners to raise funds applying to Africa electrification.
Develop partnership with Financers and Local Government (Rural electrification agencies):
- Building upfront network of diversified investors, from Grant, to concessional loans to Commercial Banks
- Building upfront network with the Rural electrification agencies and the different government implied in development of rural electrification.
- Look for new opportunities, new business models, new participation in developing a network of local companies to become Micro Grid Operators
How to Apply
- University degree
- Developed interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers of various technical abilities, including experience working with contractors, consultants, and sales staff as required.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task and learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Innovative thinker
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in sales and project management.
- Basic Knowledge and experience in energy management and renewable energy is a plus.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Able to travel to rural areas in Africa
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply