Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Transport / Logistics / Haulage > Vacancy For TNM Business Partner at Maersk Line, 28th August, 2018
Vacancy For TNM Business Partner at Maersk Line, 28th August, 2018
Aug 28, 2018, 12:43 PM
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships - we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: TNM Business Partner Location: Lagos Job Description
- Maersk Line Nigeria is looking to hire a dynamic Trade and Marketing Business Partner to join our team in Lagos. The TNM Business Partner will be responsible to take an active role in designing plans for improving cluster performance and objectives on cross functional basis.
- Ensure high quality analytical support for MWB materialization. Work with CLT and in particular the TNM and Trade Managers to proactively improve performance and create alignment between the overall strategy set by CENTNM and Cluster execution. Based on standardized MLOS data, act as a facilitator to analyse and challenge performance, ensure shortfalls in performance and opportunities for high performance are uncovered and that robust benefit tracking is in place.
- Take an active part in the virtual AFR BP forum thereby ensuring that best practises are shared and applied in order to constantly raise the bar for value adding Finance Business Partnering. Ensure decision making is based on robust data and is underpinned by logical assumptions.
- Business Cases: Ensure that complete business cases are in place for significant changes such as feeder deployment, port coverage, new inland offerings, changes in tariff structures etc. with the responsible parties (mostly LOC) and that robust benefit tracking is in place
- Demurrage and Detention: Support the Product and Charge focal by ensuring full transparency on D/D performance and underlying drivers, recommend actions to drive improvements and quantify impact of those actions. Recommend tariff levels to optimize revenue and ensure majority of customers are handled on standard terms.
- Surcharges and VIP: Support the Product and Charge focal to analyse and review performance and identify areas of under/over delivery including taking an active role in deriving plans to mitigate if required.
- Target Setting: Coordinate target setting and quarterly RoFo process for the cluster to ensure that both short- and long-term strategic priorities are catered for. Act as the analytical vehicle to facilitate Cluster TNM raising concerns proactively to CENTNM and Region.
- Performance management: of agreed upon actions to ensure that each action can be measured on a concrete outcome.
- MLOS: Responsible for providing required data and analytics for weekly/monthly flow of MLOS including OPRs. Communicate performance throughout the organization using standard Tiger and global Reports to ensure everyone has the same understanding of Sales performance. Standardize the reporting landscape, establishing and maintaining the standard reporting requirements on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Boxi/FBR super user: Provide training and review standard report requirements/enhancements with Region and CEN. Applications TBD.
- Best practices: Share and ensure local adoption of best practises across Clusters, Regions and Centre including cross-regional work assignments and acting as a focal point for Region and Centre standardization initiatives.
- Market Plan: Ensure full visibility across the cluster on the performance of trade priorities using the standard Market Plan performance framework. Work directly with the Trade Managers to derive action plans where improvement is required. Work with the SAL BP to ensure that the opportunity pipeline supports the focus on Market Plan target delivery.
- Customer Profitability: Own and drive both the Tender Preparation Package and Customer Performance Score tool in the cluster to ensure it is actively used to achieve optimal results in both tender preparation (as soon as released as part of global direction setting and LTCF) and in the conversion of the market plans into customer action plans with Sales. Review and incorporate whether other factors should be included in customer priority setting.
- Uptake and downfalls: Ensure full visibility for the cluster through global UTM reports and conduct needed analysis on uptake curves and downfall ratio developments, in order to flag gaps for TNM to act on for agile decision making. Use this for Cluster forecast of RoFo performance over coming 2-6 weeks, until central reporting on such is available.
- Tender Performance: Ensure full visibility on tender performance to flag gaps. Analyse and present recommendations on each tender, including active use of CP Tender Preparation Package, and work side by side with the Sales Executives to optimize the strategy for each tender.
- Customer Performance: Analyse historical customer performance (in total and against MQC) down to NAC level, in order to identify shortfalls and customers who have seized shipping.
- Market Share: Ensure full visibility on market share developments versus targets within a standard framework and analyse key drivers for market developments and conduct needed forecasts and gap analysis
- Master's degree in Finance or Economics is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal savvy and an eye for finding common ground and addressing performance issues in a positive though firm manner.
- Has a visible drive for results, inspires others to strive higher and does not bind him/herself by functional and leadership level boundaries.
- Prior experience (minimum 3 years post qualification experience) within a business partnering environment, working as part of a business leadership team or in a consulting firm
- Experience of working within a Sales, Product or Pricing environment would be a clear advantage
- Proven ability to influence without authority and engage confidently with leaders at all levels.
- Keeps head cool under pressure and can deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Is innovative
- This role will afford opportunities to work and communicate with multiple AP Moller-Maersk entities in different jurisdictions to enable you build global exposure and strong professional network.
- This is also a unique opportunity for candidates to gain industry experience that comes with working for a world class conglomerate that is active in the transportation and logistics industrial sector.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts