Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Vacant Job For Assistant Editor at May University Press
Vacant Job For Assistant Editor at May University Press
Jun 18, 2018, 5:45 PM
May University Press is a Nigerian limited liability company with defined commitment to the growth of educational, scholarly, literary, corporate, and digital publishing. It has a publishing portfolio and programme which are being critically expanded in the efforts to integrate into and capture the best of contemporary educational and technological developments. We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: Assistant Editor Location: Lagos Roles and Responsibilities
- Take on various writing, re-writing and reading assignments;
- Handle various audio to transcript processes, and re-write manuscripts to improve readability;
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax;
- Handle various aspects of publication production.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing sources such as libraries and archives, newspaper accounts, diaries, and interviews;
- Submit write-ups for approval, and re-write and revise written works to meet standards required by the company and its clients;
- A second class upper (2.1) Degree in the Humanities;
- Superb written communication skills, with a sound knowledge of the structure and uses of English in various contexts;
- A minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related position;
- Good planning, research, organizational and project management skills.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts