Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Current Job Vacancies at PACT, 15th November, 2018
Current Job Vacancies at PACT, 15th November, 2018
Nov 15, 2018, 11:18 AM
Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development. We seek suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below: Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer Location: Jalingo, Taraba Project Overview
- Pact is recruiting a Finance & Admin Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded peace building and conflict mitigation project.
- Finance & Admin Officer plays a critical role in Pact’s financial management
- With procurements and grants to local organizations, Pact’s accounting practices, oversight, and financial support of its local partners is a central to effective programming.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with the Operations unit.
- Support with the month end financial reporting.
- Prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments are accurately captured, timely and complete and ensure appropriate coding.
- Ensures timely payments to vendors and other project related expenses.
- Support technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budget.
- Reviews sub-grant and sub-award financial reports, taking initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures of the organization.
- Monitor compliance of staff with all office financials in accordance with established financial guidelines, and report any non-compliance to the supervisor for required action.
- Provide general orientation and support to sub-grantees on financial reporting.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operation and finances of the state office.
- Performs general ledger maintenance and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including sub-grants and sub-awards.
- Develops monthly and quarterly financial reports, including banking transactions/reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and accurate capturing in accounting system; for the review/approval of the finance manager.
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis;
- Manages petty cash reconciliation.
- Review activity requests and prepare payment vouchers and journal vouchers for payment.
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Manager for review and approval.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems (QuickBooks and Microsoft Navigation), including pay rolling required.
- Must have knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Experience with USAID funded project.
- Advanced use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point and MS Publisher a plus.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in Accounting or its equivalent is required. Postgraduate degree in related field and professional qualification such as ACA/ICAN/ACCA preferred.
- Must also have at least four years’ experience as an accountant with accounting standards/practices in an international development organization.
- Pact is recruiting a MERL Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded peace building and conflict mitigation project.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Result, and Learning Officer supports the program teams with technical oversight and direction on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing areas. Coordinate and support data collection and data analysis.
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing program results.
- Participate in program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans.
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output level data.
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of CSO and LGA partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with CSO and LGA partners to establish their internal MER systems, M&E plans, and data quality management.
- Support the implementation of program’s MERL systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database.
- Support pre and post monitoring, needs assessment, survey, focus groups and evaluation or verification as well as other studies at the project or program level.
- Support data capture across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports.
- Collaborate with project staff to identify and draft Success Stories, including documentation through photos and video.
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information.
- Provide input on the design and implementation of baseline studies, midterm evaluation and final evaluation.
- Work closely with program team to ensure documents are filed and archived appropriately.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA/B.Sc. in Social Science, Demography, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology, or any other related field.
- At least five (4) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Experience working on USAID or other U.S. Government-funded projects.
- Experience participating in field surveys - utilizing quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence based decision making.
- Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts