Vice Chancellor at Al-Qalam University
Al-Qalam University Katsina is the pioneer University in Katsina State and also pioneer Private University in the North-west region established to impart meaningful and relevant knowledge with high moral standard and fear of Allah (SWT). Al-Qalam University Katsina, (formally Katsina University, Katsina) came into being in January 2005 consequent upon a license given by the National Universities Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- This is to notify the general public, especially prospective qualified candidates from Academia that the Post of the Vice-Chancellor at the Al-Qalam University Katsina, Nigeria, would become vacant with effect from October, 2021.
- Consequently, the Governing Council of the University in accordance with the relevant provisions of the University Law has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the selection of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University.
- He/She shall be Chairman of Senate and Congregation as well as Member of the Governing Council.
- He/She shall be responsible to the Council for the day to day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
- The person for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Al-Qalam University Katsina, is required to possess a good University education from recognized University and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
In addition, such candidate:
- Must posses a Doctorate Degree and be a renown Professor of International standard in one of the fields offered in the University (A list of all the programmes offered in the University is available on the website of the University).
- Must be of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decision on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism and not on basis of parochial or primordial interests.
- He/She should be free from conflict of interests,
- Must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency, probity and ensure judicious utilization of scarce resources for the University and Community.
- Should be above board and not foster personal, racial, ethical, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must have a very good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health conditions,
- Should have varied societal linkage,
- Must satisfy the basic requirements for appointment into the University as approved by the Governing Council.
- Must not be older than 60 years of age when his/her tenure is expected to commence.
- Must be able to demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, credible community service and be able to command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his/her track records,
- Must be proficient in the use of Information and Communication Technology,
- Should be capable of inspiring members of the University community towards the attainment of its goals,
- Should have delivered his/her Inaugural lecture,
- Should possess considerable administrative experience within the University System,
- Should have a track record of Fund attraction to the University system,
Condition of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years in the first instance.
- Remunerations and other Conditions of Service are as applicable to the Post of Vice-Chancellor in other similar Nigerian Universities as determined from time to time by the National Universities Commission, the Proprietors and or the Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies of their Applications, photocopies of their Credentials and comprehensive current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
The Curriculum Vitae must include the following:
- Names in full (Surname, Last in capitals); for the candidate / applicant
- Place and date of birth;
- Permanent home address;
- Current postal address including e-mail address and telephone contact;
- Marital status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Institutions attended (with dates);
- Academic qualifications (with dates);
- Professional qualifications (with dates);
- Honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional bodies;
- Outstanding publications, discoveries or inventions (with all relevant details);
- Working experience in the University system (giving details);
- Details of Administrative, managerial Experience and Fund attraction in the University system;
- Details of specific service to Local, National and International Communities (with dates, institution/establishment and status)
- Names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be the head of establishment where the candidate currently works.
- The application must include a statement of his/her vision for the University in the next 5 years (2021 - 2026) in 600 - 1000 words.
- Candidates are to request their referees to forward references on them (in a sealed envelope and marked “Referee’s report for Post of Vice-Chancellor") directly to the Registrar & Secretary to Council. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to highest academic and managerial capabilities as well as candidate’s moral standing.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked at the top left-hand corner “Post of Vice Chancellor, AUK” to reach:
Al-Qalam University Katsina,
Tafawa Balewa Way, Dutsin-ma Road,
Katsina, Katsina State,
Application Deadline 26th August, 2021.