WASH Assistant (Volunteer) at Care Best Initiative (CBI) - Kebbi and Sokoto
Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Assistant (Volunteer)
Locations: Kebbi and Sokoto
Job Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The WASH Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of CBI WASH infrastructure program in Bauchi.
- The WASH Assistant’s primary function is to ensure quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of WASH activities being implemented by CBI. Specifically, the WASH Assistant is expected to conduct the day to day implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities especially in the areas of intervention in Bauchi.
- To carry out Need and technical assessment for all type of WASH infrastructures.
- Preparation and Submission of order requests as per policies and procedures.
- To conduct trainings regarding operation and maintenance of water supply and sanitation facilities for beneficiaries and water management committees.
- Organize and implement hygiene promotion training as required.
- Liaise and secure consent from the local authorities and beneficiary prior to intervention.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly work plans and progress reports.
- Preparation of feasibility reports and completion certificates.
- Represent the organization and actively participate in State level WASH Cluster meetings, Planning and coordination meetings.
- Contribute to monthly reports for WASH cluster attention.
- Coordinate and participate in project startup/project closure workshops, baseline survey and end of Project Evaluation for the project as per project design and within the project implementation deadlines.
- Prepare project documentation including monthly project reports on implementation status, intermediate and final narrative reports as per donor requirements and sending them to WASH Sector Advisor and other relevant team members for review/further action within set deadlines.
- Working in harmony with all other staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH activities in Bauchi.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors when needed.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of community on WASH activities.
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project material are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in timely way, and follow up those not delivered as per requisition.
- Coordinate with other stakeholder on the ground for smooth, efficient and effective implementation of the activities.
- Ensuring integration of WASH, Protection, livelihood and shelter activities through close coordination.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in relevant field especially Public Health, Environmental Health Science, Nutrition or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in WASH.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in community-based interventions.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of national WASH policies, strategies and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of SPHTTPS://FORMS.GLE/4ZGY8UDNERCDBXQA9 Shelter and WASH in emergencies standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Officer (CBI)” via: [email protected] specifying the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview