Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > WASH Officer at Norwegian Church Aid
WASH Officer at Norwegian Church Aid
Apr 21, 2020, 2:05 PM
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders. NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer Location: Monguno, Borno with some possible travel to other project locations and Maiduguri Reporting To: Senior WASH Officer Contract Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
- We are recruiting a WASH Officer for the implementation of our CoVID19 prevention / response project in Monguno, Borno state.
- Ensure the timely and effective implementation of activities under his/her supervision in the specific deep-field locations (water trucking, rehabilitation of WaSh facilities, water quality testing, training of beneficiaries on the O&M of WaSh installation.)
- Manage teams of contractors and laborers (coordination and implementation of daily tasks, support of performance review by the Senior WaSH Officer, participation on field staff meetings) and ensure the teams are understand and use all relevant NCA protocols
- Support with MEAL to effectively monitoring and reporting of the activities and expected results (relevant data collection and documentation, internal activity reporting)
- Support the Senior WaSH Officer in coordination between deep field locations and main office in Maiduguri (including regular communication with the supervisor)
- If requested, represent NCA in relevant coordination mechanisms in the deep-field locations
- A Degree in Water, Sanitation or Environmental Health Engineering, Civil Engineering or other related discipline.
- Good knowledge of the context
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in basic computer software, including engineering design tools.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages of the LGA.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position/related
- Professional experience in construction or rehabilitation and maintenance of WASH infrastructures in displaced populations
- Excellent program implementation and WaSH technical skills
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. Note: Due to the urgency of the response, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled beforeApplication Deadline 26th April, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts