Maintenance Mechanic Job Description
Job Descriptions > Trade and Services > Maintenance Mechanic
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Maintenance Mechanic? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Mechanic? What does a Maintenance Mechanic do?
Job Description of a Maintenance Mechanic
Maintenance Mechanics install, repair, and maintain machinery and equipment. Their responsibilities also include building and maintaining mechanical systems, and involve the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
Maintenance Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance Mechanic job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Assembling, installing, and maintaining mechanical systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Troubleshooting machinery and performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Complying with health and safety regulations.
- Reading, interpreting, and following instructions and operation manuals.
- Maintaining a schedule for inspecting, servicing, and testing machinery.
- Cleaning, repairing and installing equipment and parts as needed.
- Performing general maintenance work on buildings as assigned.
Maintenance Mechanic Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Maintenance Mechanic job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience as a Maintenance Mechanic or in a similar role.
- Trade or vocational school graduation preferred.
- Physical dexterity.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Strong computer skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Maintenance Mechanic starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Maintenance Mechanic job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Maintenance Mechanic may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Maintenance Mechanic Job Description