Medical Director Job Description
Job Descriptions > Healthcare and Medical > Medical Director
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Medical Director? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Medical Director? What does a Medical Director do?
Job Description of a Medical Director
A Medical Director is a professional doctor who coordinates medical teams to achieve the daily goals and overall mission of a healthcare facility such as a hospital. Medical Directors ensure that all medical staff comply with the facility's policies, systems, and agendas.
Medical Director Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Director job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Recruiting and managing physicians, nurses, paramedics, and other medical and non-medical staff.
- Examining and coordinating the facility's activities to guarantee medical quality.
- Assisting with training, continuing education, and promotion of subordinate staff.
- Managing the facility's budget.
- Developing cooperation between physicians, paramedics, nurses, and medical departments.
- Evaluating and managing any disfunction of medical units.
- Ensuring staff and facility's compliance with federal and state regulations and codes.
- Keeping your medical knowledge, experience, and licenses up to date.
- Liaising with medical and non-medical departments and enhancing relationships with vendors.
- Updating, amending, and replacing medical policies with the advice of the medical board.
Medical Director Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Medical Director job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Medical degree and board certification in family medicine, emergency care, or occupational health.
- A license and certification to practice medicine.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good computer and electronic record skills.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
- Ten or more years' experience in clinical medicine.
- Five or more years' experience in hospital administration.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Medical Director starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Medical Director job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Medical Director may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Medical Director Job Description