Physiologist Job Description
Job Descriptions > Healthcare and Medical > Physiologist
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Physiologist? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Physiologist? What does a Physiologist do?
Job Description of a Physiologist
Physiologists examine the functioning of organs and body systems in order to diagnose abnormalities and disease. They use highly specialized equipment and techniques to measure the functioning of vital organs, such as the heart, lungs and brain, in patients who are often seriously ill or have long-term health problems.
Physiologists record and report the physiological data they obtain to help diagnose disease, plan treatment and management of care and measure the effects of previous treatment.
Many Physiologists are also responsible for teaching and training other staff. Physiologists tend to specialize in certain fields of medicine, such as cardiology, respiratory function, audiology, neurophysiology or vascular science. Job titles may differ according to the specialist area.
Physiologist Duties and Responsibilities
Physiologist job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Observing the human body in motion and tracking the activities of particular body systems in various environments.
- Monitoring patients during exercise or cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing and recording observations.
- Conducting research on the cellular structures and organ system functions of plants, animals, and humans.
- Performing experiments to determine the effects of internal and external environmental factors.
- Studying the glands and their relationship to bodily functions.
- Maintaining and operating medical instruments and devices.
- Studying and treating the effects of hazardous natural processes such as animal bites and plant venom and poisons.
- Working at nuclear disaster sites and decontamination areas to treat the injured.
- Identifying materials and the spread of symptoms where an agent requires identification.
Physiologist Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Physiologist job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Doctoral degree in Physiology or a related field.
- Experience working as a Physiologist.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Critical-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Mathematical and technical abilities as well as computer literacy.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Physiologist starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Physiologist job description sample to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Physiologist may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Physiologist Job Description