Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Reporter? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Reporter? What does a Reporter do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Reporter starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Reporter job description sample to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Reporter may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Reporter Job Description
Job Descriptions > Advertising, Arts and Media > Reporter
This Reporter job description template includes the list of most important Reporter duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific Reporter profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Reporter? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Reporter? What does a Reporter do?
Job Description of a ReporterReporters are responsible for delivering updates and analysis on current happening with the main goal to keep public updated with facts. They create stories and breaking news through different channels such as radio, television, online news sites, and printed newspapers and magazines.
Reporter Duties and ResponsibilitiesReporter job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Collect, verify and analyze thoroughly newsworthy information
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Publish or broadcast news stories
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
- Contact, interview and research sources
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Cooperate with reporters, chief editor, producers etc
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the “beat” by studying papers, attending events etc.
Reporter Requirements / Skills / QualificationsReporter job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc degree in journalism or mass communications
- Proven working experience as a reporter
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
- Integrity and morality
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Broad knowledge of headlines
Similar to Reporter Job Description